Monday, June 23, 2008

Week 5 - Daddy's home...

but he has a cold. Allen and I waited and waited for Todd to come home from Pittsburgh on Saturday only to find that he has a cold and can't snuggle his little boy. It's hard for me becaue that means he can't help me take care of Allen but it's harder for Todd. I know if I had been gone for a week I would just want to kiss him and talk to him and snuggle him to make up for lost time. Allen is growing and changing so much right now and I'm sure that Todd sees it more than I do since I'm with Allen all day every day.

This is just a short post to ask you guys to please pray that Todd will get over his cold quickly and that Allen and I will won't get it. We're washing hands like crazy around here and probably keeping purell in business.

There is good news in all of this: Allen is taking a nap in his crib right now - a place his Nana calls 'the wake up place' because his eyes usually pop open when you lay him in there. It's the little things that keep us going right now. Thank you God that Allen is napping in his crib and that Todd is off today and can nap in the bed.

Zeke is hiding under the desk due to the thunderstorm outside so I think I'll make my way over to the couch, turn on Oprah and try to snooze for 15 minutes. Wait...was that a cry I heard from the wake up place? Oh well. Thankful in the little things, right? Thanks God for 25 minutes of peace and quiet. It was lovely...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad Todd got home, I know the relief that probably meant for you. I was always amazed at how much happier I was just to have G in the house-- actually still is that way. Little Allen will probably beat the cold, but you take care! I think you are about in the hardest part of missing sleep-- praying for you and hoping to see you guys soon!