Monday, July 7, 2008

Week 6


Week 6 started off with Allen's one month check up with Dr. Anne.  Our little man is weighing in at 10 lbs 15 oz and 22 inches long.  WOW! I thought we may have to get one shot but she said we were close enough to his 2 month check up to go ahead and get 3.  Great.  I'm not sure who cried more - me or Allen.  I hated that he had to feel pain for the first time.  Thank goodness Todd was there to hold him and comfort me. What would I do without him??

The doctor warned me that Allen may be a little fussy and run a low grade fever but that he would feel better the next day.  He woke up from his nap that day screaming like he had just had another shot - and he cried all afternoon.  I held him for the better part of 3 1/2 hours that day.  So maybe ' a little fussy' was an understatement... maybe.  By Wednesday he was feeling much better.  

On Tuesday my college roommate Dorothy and her family came to visit and to see Allen for the first time.  Sweet Taylor Grace tried to steal Allen's pacifier and wasn't so sure what to think about her Mommy and Daddy holding another baby but we had a great visit. I can't wait to do it again.

On Friday, we went to my grandparents house for our annual 4th of July pool party and cook out.  This is one of my favorite holidays because...well, i heart fireworks.  We had to skip them this year but I can't wait until next year.  

On Saturday we went to church and dropped Allen off in the nursery for the second time.  I did get paged but by the time I got there he was asleep.  He is such a good baby! (Of course, in true Allen fashion, he's crying every time I write about what a good baby he is.)
That's it from us this week...it's not very insightful but for now it will have to do.  Hopefully in a few more weeks this blog will be more about lesson learned but for now we pretty much repeat the same 3 hours over and over again.  Kind of a perpetual state of deja vu. 


Enjoy the pictures!

Like my outfit?  My Aunt Carey bought it for me.  I'm so sure about the collar though...


The Post shots shot.  
Taylor Grace going for Allen's paci.
Momma Lesh, Allen, Roommate, and Taylor Grace 
Sophisticated Guy Time
The beginning of probably many bad habits.
Furrowed Cuteness
The Great Mat of Stimulation

The Sleeping Swing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE these pictures - I especially like the one with his tongue out - hilarious. it was so fun to see you, even if for a brief time. can you e-mail me the picture of taylor looking at allen, it's funny how he has his furrowed brow looking over at you or nana, as if he's trying to say, "please save me from this monster baby"

Kim Stroh said...

I am loving little Allen! Oh..wishing i could kiss that sweet face! Tell him Aunt Kim and the boys love him!